Verification & Validation Engineer
RemoteGermany, Baden-Württemberg, FreiburgEngineering
A career at Constellr is for those who are seeking the extraordinary. We are operating in the new space and agri-tech sectors, combining engineering, Earth Observation and agronomy to address one of the biggest challenges of our time: how to ensure global food security.
We are a fast-growing team of highly motivated engineers, scientists, and business professionals with a shared vision to rebase decision making in tomorrow’s smart farming industry. Constellr has offices in the European capital, Brussels, situated between the attractive Etterbeek and Watermael districts and in beautiful Freiburg, in south west Germany, bordering the Black Forest and in close proximity to France and Switzerland.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an exceptional team player with experience in systems engineering and verification/validation management of satellite and spaceborne payload, an individual who is creative, flexible, and comfortable handling many diverse and sometimes open-ended assignments.
Your tasks will include:
- Leading the preparation of the system and (where applicable) subsystem level V&V plans and test procedures.
- Supporting review of partner/supplier subsystem and equipment level V&V plan, test strategy, procedures and test results.
- Defining and executing the system level V&V plans and procedures during AIT, prelaunch and post-launch phases with the relevant technical teams
- Ensuring that testing and results are traced to requirements
- Documenting the V&V plans, procedures and activities
- Finding a balance between the rapid implementation schedule and maintaining a complete set of specifications.
We expect you to have
- Degree in engineering, physics or science
- Experience in requirements management, and in verification and validation engineering and associated tools
- Experience in the development and qualification of space systems, ideally involving optical instruments
- Experience working with subcontractors and suppliers
Experience in Valispace or other requirements management tools and engineering databases
Knowledge of the constraints and challenges of earth observation missions and instruments
Knowledge of ECSS standards
- Ability to commit to the plan and deliver the expected results on time, or to report proactively if any deviations are foreseen
- Ability to rapidly expand application specific knowledge sets and skills where necessary and to quickly familiarize with new areas of responsibility
- An engaging and social team-player spirit, with a strong motivation to help build and shape ConstellR’s organization
- The ability to work autonomously and analytically, and be results-oriented,
- Very good written as well as spoken English skills
- High discipline in view of the massive mission ahead
You will be part of a fast-growing, multidisciplinary and diverse team with a strong desire to leverage change
You will be given the autonomy to set and deliver against your own goals, develop new skills and capabilities and lead others to do the same
You can directly influence your contribution to achieving several of the UN's sustainable development goals, including Zero Hunger, Clean Water, No Poverty and Climate Action
You will contribute to bringing the world’s first commercial infrared constellation into orbit and enabling an entirely novel set of smart farming capabilities, as part of our mission to build a new biophysical atlas, driving an unprecedented understanding of our planet and its resources.
We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and for some roles a remote or hybrid model. We encourage you to spend at least some time in Freiburg with the team.